Well hello there! Did ya miss me? I know I’ve been a little MIA this past month, but seeing as though I’ve now reached my halfway point of being in Australia (3 months down, 3 to go), I thought it seemed suiting to make a new blog post. I’ve been trying to come up with some culture shock to share with all of you, but alas – no such luck! I’m culturally immersed! (SDSU would be so proud…) Nothing down under comes to a surprise to me anymore – not that that’s a bad thing, it’s nice to feel like Sydney is home. I reckon I’m even able to use Aussie slang naturally when I talk now (did you catch that? 😉 ). Anyways, seeing as though it’s been awhile, I decided to give you all a couple of life updates:
- Dillon and I continue to hang out nearly everyday as well as go on little exploits around the city (no surprise here)
- Yes, I am still seeing Luke (Guy #2). We are actually road tripping to his family home in Noosa (it’s in Queensland) for Christmas/New Year’s! He wasn’t kidding about sticking around 😛
- I quit my job as a corporate suite attendant for footy games at the ANZ Stadium. Why? Well, I was alone in a suite with 20 patrons – there were no coworkers for me to have fun with! It was lonely… Plus, the commute and the lack of consistency didn’t really fare well with me either
- On the bright side: I’m in the works of getting a new job as a bartender near Bondi Beach. Let’s be honest, I’m much too broke to not have a job right now. Sydney is expensive! And since Dillon is leaving me in 3 weeks (WHY GOD WHY?!) I need something to keep me busy. I will keep you all posted!
- My tan is back! Thank you Sydney spring!
- I’m already in my last week of classes at UTS! Thank God… It’s hard to adjust to a different university’s teaching style! Sadly enough though, my last final (they call them “exams” not “finals” in Australia) isn’t until November 9th… So close but so far!
- Luke moved – aka my second home – to a new place out near Bondi. He also acquired a roommate (he lived alone before)! Have no fear though, she’s a vegan that’s into yoga and is super chill 🙂
- As part of Luke’s birthday present (he’s 29 now!) I took him to see this band he likes called 5 Seconds of Summer. So, now I can check “seeing a concert in a different country” off of my bucket list (I got him a chest harness for his GoPro too! I pretty much killed it on the gift game, if I do say so myself 😉 )
- With summer quickly approaching, I’m loving Sydney even more and more (as if that’s even possible) 😉
- Here’s a couple pics from when Dillon and I went to Luna Park the other day (the clown entrance freaked me out…):
- I’ve also gotten back into the habit of reading on the balcony (and tanning) with Dillon:
- And a new bubble tea place opened up next door that sells bubble tea in a bottle shaped like a buff man 😉